Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christmas Surprise In November


This young lady is a regular at the shop and has been going to college along with working. So I and another of her dear friend had a discussion back in April because I wanted to do something for her graduation which will also be close to Christmas. So one of my projects for the year has been a graduation/Christmas gift. She had been looking a pattern in Knit N Style , April 2008 issue called Slant on Nature so that became the project which was going to become a kit of knitted pieces hat would require assembly so she could make it her style.

Next I had to find a yarn, she had been admiring Patons's SWS for awhile, could that one be used. It is an mix of wool and soy, so after playing with some the decision was yes. I liked the feel and the way it was working up. Next choice was color, I know some of her likes and dislikes. the one that caught my attention was Natural Geranium. The name went with the project title, and also she is a fan of Debbie Macomber so it just seemed right to use that one.




After a few bumps in the road this year , you see the results of my knitting

Christmas would not be Christmas without a few surprises and I am sure she will enjoy her surprise for many years.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm sure YV will enjoy the prezzie for many years, as well, particularly because it comes from the Very Special Yarn Elf.

Outrider said...

Yes, Yarn Vixen will most definitely treasure this grad gift - the diploma goes into storage but the vest can be worn and enjoyed for years to come. Geraniums and pansies and tulips are my fav flowers so the color was a good choice. in case no one knows, the Yarn Elf is a master craftsman at knit and crochet among many other talents. will get it assembled after this class over next month. it is truly 'excellently very too much good' (that's a phrase used by my Pomeranians - they tend to be a bit exuberant in their adjectives... Thanks again YE !!